IP 10.0.0.1 is the address option for the Xfinity router. According to the IETF and IANA, the IP address 10.0.0.1 comes under the scope of private Class A. It is the default gateway, which is used to open the Xfinity router admin settings page. There are many other IP addresses are present apart from 10.0.0.1. They are 192.168.1.1, 192.168.1.1, 10.1.10.1, and 10.0.0.0.1.
How to Login Comcast Xfinity Router?
The steps to proceed with to login into Comcast router is very simple and are as follows:
- Connect your computer with the router and then launch a web browser.
- At the URL field of the browser, type the Xfinity gateway IP: https://10.0.0.1/.
- Hit the Enter button.
- Next, enter the default login details (if you have not changed the details earlier), click on the Login button to continue.
- Further, navigate to the router wireless settings option and configure changes.
- Now, click on the Network tab and do the changes like Dial-up connection/ DSL. Others, that you can change under the Network tab section are SSID and password of your router.
- To change and set up the DNS, enter the default username and password. As the default details, the DNS values are 188.8.131.52 and 184.108.40.206.
Default Username and Password of Routers
For routers with the default gateway 10.0.0.2, follow the link to know the username and password of your router’s 10.0.0.2 login.
FAQs and Regular Issues
Check out the following to know the fixes to the common issues that are encountered by the administrators.
1. 10.0.0.1 does not allow me to connect On my Xfinity Router
To users who are getting a negative response to connect to the 10.0.0.1, this might be because there is no device that uses 10.0.0.1 as the default gateway. Use the command prompt on Windows and verify if any device in your network uses 10.0.0.1. While using the ping command for MAC, you can use the terminal ping command. In order to get a positive result, a computer should be involved in your local network to get the ping.
2. Comcast Default Gateway IP (10.0.0.1) Takes too much time to respond
This can happen with your router hardware due to a loose wire or some other problem. Due to prolonged use and frequent power failures, these problems occur. Reboot your hardware, your system and find any loose connections as a fix. If nothing works, please contact the manufacturer of your router.
3. Try to login to my Xfinity admin panel. Displays the wrong SSID and connects me to the network of someone else. Comcast is not able to help. What should I do Now?
One of the main reasons behind the issue is that the Chromecast using a single line split into 20 different areas. To deal with this issue try the following steps:
- Disable the WiFi service.
- Ensure the proper connection of the ethernet cable.
- Can’t log in to the router issue can be solved by knowing your router’s IP (Run the ipconfig command on the command prompt window for it. Locate and note down the Default Gateway detail).
- Change your IP address now.
Example: Your router may be involved in a conflict with an IP address so you can change it better. If it was previously 10.0.0.1, switch to 10.0.0.2 now.
4. How to get access to my Xfinity router settings?
To access the Xfinity Settings, you need the default IP address. The default IP address may be https:/10.0.0.1 or https:/192.168.1.1 or https:/192.168.100.1 depending on your Comcast Xfinity router template.
5. What is the Xfinity Router default Admin Password?
The default Xfinity router password is a password.
6. How can I find my Xfinity WFi Password?
You can either see a router’s box to find the default password or if the password does not fit, reset 30-30-30 and use the default password.